Mr. Moheel Ali Khan is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP), a Certified Director, under Listed Companies (Code of Corporate Governances) Regulations of SECP, by Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan and also holds a degree of Bachelors of Commerce from University of Karachi.
Mr. Khan began his career as a trainee with Grant Thornton (GT) Chartered Accountants from where he completed his chartered accountancy mandatory training period. During his stay with GT he has been deputed to different offices of GT which include Karachi and Dubai offices, where he gained diversified experience of local and international industries.
Mr. Khan joined Central Depository Company of Pakistan Limited (CDC) in the year 2014 in the Finance and Company Secretariat department where, besides overseeing routine finance operations and budget preparation, he was key team members for;
- Revamping CDC Tariff structure including preparation of Financial Model of CDC’s to asses impact of Tariff revision;
- Process Re-engineering and implementation of SAP;
- Revamping CDC group structure; and
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) evaluation on CDC’s services.
Mr. Khan was also deputed in Product Development (PD) department where he was involved in evaluation of potential products and services operationally and financially. He led the PD team for development of following major products and services;
- Centralized Information Sharing Solution for Insurance Industry (CISSII);
- eServices (eDividend, eIPO, eVoting and eLoR);
- Demat government debt instruments evaluation;
- Professional Clearing Member including preparation of detailed Financial Model;
- Collateral Management Company including preparation of detailed Financial Model; and
- Automation of Free Float Shares reporting.
Mr. Khan was also given task for the CDC International Desk, where he coordinated with International Depositories on behalf of CDC. During the period Mr. Khan was also a part of the team, alongside representatives from India and China, which organized World Forum of (Central Securities Depositories) CSDs 2017 held in Hong Kong. The CSD’s premier event, attended by over 250 industry executives from 58 countries.
Currently, besides holding position of Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary of CDC Share Registrar Services Limited, Mr. Khan also holds other positions in CDC as Senior Manager Legal, Finance & Company Secretariat of CDC and Secretary of Management Committee of CDC. Mr. Khan has also served as Chief Financial Officer & Company Secretary of eClear Services Limited – a wholly owned subsidiary of CDC.
Mr. Khan has participated twice in National Finance Olympiad organized by ICAP in collaboration with Unilever Pakistan in 2015 and 2016 and secured 1st and 2nd runner-up positions respectively. Mr. Khan is also Member Responsible for Student of ICAP for their CA article ship, as CDC is an Approved Training Organization outside Practice.